Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Time flies! No, but really...


The sophomores in my high school had standardized testing this morning, so I ended up with a solid hour and a half to get work done this morning before second period began and I had to teach (they kept the rest of the students in their first period classes until testing was over).  So I used the time to plan the rest of my week for my two classes, Spanish 1 and Spanish 3.  And as I was planning, I realized that March starts this week.  I couldn’t believe it, I actually checked twice to make sure I was on the correct page in my planner.  Where did February go??

So of course I had to go back and count how long I’ve been here so far, and I’m three days into my fifth week in Florida.  Fifth!  Everyone told me that this time would fly but let’s be serious here, we hear that about everything.  “Enjoy high school because the time flies!”  “It seems like a long time for this assignment, but before you know it the deadline will be here so start it now!”  “Student teaching goes by so fast, just keep your head up!”  So we all nod and agree and convince ourselves that we have plenty of time and count down what seem like the endless days or minutes.

But oh man, this time really is flying!  I think part of what’s making it pass by so quickly is that I’m constantly going.  Throughout the week all I do is go to school, write lesson plans, and sleep, and then on the weekends my friends and I pack our time with all the touristy adventures and trips we want to make sure we get to before they leave in a few weeks (some interns are only spending half the semester in Florida for student teaching).  So the constant moving makes the time seem to go by even faster.


In other news, we also watched part of Shrek during first period to use up some of the 2 hours after the students finished their work.  Overall, I definitely didn’t mind standardized testing today; it definitely worked in my favor!

No comments:

Post a Comment