Monday, April 16, 2012

Down to the wire!

Since I'm getting to the end of the semester insanity, this one is going to be short and sweet!  I can't believe I only have a week left with my students...my co-op said today that it was bittersweet, but I have to say I'm seeing it as a little more bitter.  The students make me nuts and I whined a lot about making up lessons while doing other class work, but it really has been a blast!

That being said, I got to see "imitation is the highest form of flattery" acted out today in class.  Last week, my friend and I attempted a manicure where you paint your nails one color and then use straws to paint different colored circles on them (it's harder than it sounds...or maybe it's just as hard as it sounds, depending on your level of craftiness.  I'm at level -12 so it was tough for me).  But they ended up looking really cool, so I left them for school.  So today when I went to class, I noticed one of the girls who asked me about them had tried it!

Now, I know this is something very small, but I got really excited that she tried it after seeing me do it!  Hers looked about a million times better, but it was still awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment