Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I have arrived!

Now I have to be honest with you, I actually arrived in Florida 4 days ago so this post is just a tad overdue, but everything started basically the moment I got here so I haven't gotten a chance to write it until now (I know, excuses, excuses...).

But anyway!  The flight down was really easy except for the whole getting up at 4 am part.  But it was on time, there was very little turbulence, and in spite of all the families with small children (no doubt headed for Disney), I had at least 4 seats in every direction between me and all the yelling energetic little darlings, which I considered pretty good.

My host family came and picked me up, and we stopped at a Dunkin' Donuts on the way to there house which delivered some much-needed caffeine.  I'm pretty sure they thought I was a little off my rocker, because I was acting like I'd never seen sun before.  Seriously, every 3 seconds I made some comment in awe of the 75 degree weather, the sun, etc.  Then it was back to unpack, take a much needed nap, and get ready to go to a dinner with all the other interns and host families.

All in all everything in the "settling in" period went really well; the weather is phenomenal (I'm typing this outside in the sun!), my host family is extremely nice, and I'm getting along great with the other intern staying in the same house as me.  All in all, if the rest of my time here goes like the first couple days it will be fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment