Thursday, October 27, 2011

Let's get started!

As I was furiously scribbling a note to myself about a game I could use when I teach (in the middle of my Estudios Culturales class no less), I realized how slightly ridiculous I was being since I knew the chances of me finding the note again/remembering it was there/seeing it again were pretty slim.  During my sophomore field experience last year I started a giant binder of worksheets, game templates, and lesson ideas that I was accumulating throughout the course of the ten or so weeks I was in the school.  The ideas and lessons in that binder are all safely together and organized.  However, I am currently studying abroad in Argentina and did not lug the heavy, 3 inch binder with me.  Which means any idea I may have/material I find here get scribbled into a notebook or shoved in my textbook where they may or may not even make it back to the apartment.  And then it hit me: lots of teachers have blogs, I'm planning on having a teaching blog eventually, so why not start now?  I could write down ideas, lessons, what I'm learning in my classes, anything.

Also, I'm one of those people who gets ideas at random times where I either have no one to share them with, nowhere to write them down, or or some other situation that causes me to inevitably either forget it completely or have a half baked idea that won't work because I couldn't work through it.  But I think having a blog to share my thoughts and hopefully get some feedback will be fantastic.  And who knows, maybe I'll learn something that someone else needs to learn, too.

I have no idea how many people, if any, will read this blog.  It's just one of those things that hit me and I decided I needed to start right now.  But I definitely think it's worth a try, even if all it does is help me remember lessons I've learned and mistakes I've made.

I have no idea how consistent my posting will be, especially while I'm still studying abroad.  But I have a really good feeling about this and will try to make it great.

No comments:

Post a Comment